More 419 fun

Dear Barrister Frank,

Good day and best regards. I am sorry I have to make a lengthy writing in order to enhance your conception of this claim. So I pray you to be patient and read with a willing heart for understanding.

My conception does not need enhancing thank you. I have always felt that children would be an unecessary financial burden.

I feel astonished being informed that the FINANCE BANK OF NIGERIA has contacted you in regards to the claim. What a prompt response!

Well, considering that we had not agreed to do business, I was astonished too.

Meanwhile, you should stop being a scary cat about this claim as I am real and the whole thing will be executed under a legitimate background that will protect me, you any other partner involved or who may involve, from any breach the law as well as violation of one’s fundamental rights.

I don't understand your 'scary cat' statement. Is that some sixties hippy speak, or a reference to an unknown work by The Cure?

Still, it is well noted to me that you have every reasonable reason to entertain a reasonable doubt about this claim, hence you never know me, and neither do you know my late client, Dr. Douglas Warren. Moreover, I am not, as well as you are not ignorant of all sundry information and messages in the guise of business proposals skyrocketing over the Internet.

Yes, and I've heard from friends that they have had many emails skyrocketing through their inboxes on a daily basis. One friend even said to me 'it's just like being at NASA without the wayward insulation foam'.

Moreover, regarding your knowledge that nothing comes so cheap, i think you have to believe in God first. If you believe, you will understand that God visits people in his due time and he is the only on e that has the ultimate plan, purposes and opportunities for everybody. I suggest tentative moves with this will convince you the more. Just be careful!


I'm glad to hear that God visits people in his due time. Jehovahs witnesses always seem to visit at times that you're not expecting them, so you've given me another reason to doubt what they teach.

As a result therefore, I must seek your consent this time to allay your fears about me, and everything in this claim as I am not really what you supposed of me. I am not advertising myself either, but I want to let you understand the reason I proceeded to the Bank to filing the Application in your name and on your behalf, without having your consent in the first place.


I'm glad to hear that you're not what I had supposed of you. Have you seen the TV series V?

Meanwhile, prior to the Bank’s notice to me as a signatory to the late Dr. Douglas’ account, to present the owner of the account/ next of kin within a stated period of time or have this money confiscated by the Bank on the directive of the Federal Government of Nigeria to do same upon any account amounting up to millions of Dollars in their custody of which the owner of such fund is not being duly cleared by the Banker and the government.


Why are the bank confiscating someone else's money? Is this a regular occurence in your part of the world. Was Dr.Douglas intestate?

So, I want you to consider and reconsider what it means should this fund be confiscated and thereby lost to the Bank and the government. Then consider the importance and utility of which this fund would be to me, you and the service for humanity which would be a loss should this Bank be left free to confiscate the money.


Well, funds like that certain are a utility.

Owing to this instruction by the government and the notice from the Bank, I hastened towards various angles like the Embassy and Diplomatic agents, basically to locate any of my client’s real relatives so I can present them for the claim but all was unsuccessful. I therefore contacted you at the eleventh hour of the expiration of the mandate given to me by the Bank and therefore there is nothing really I could do other than to file the Application so as to deter them from tampering on the account, hence I have presented the beneficiary to the fund.

I am glad to hear that the Pythagorean force is strong with you. I always used to struggle with the right angles myself.

Meanwhile, I want to assure you that it does not necessarily matter whether you are biologically related to him or not, hence you have my back-up as the attorney to the owner of the account ant and as well willing and ready to carry it upon myself on the realization of this money being not confiscated by the Bank and rather be paid to you as an inheritance fund.
Please be informed that I have with me and shall avail all the necessary documents needed to back you up in this claim. So you have nothing to fear or contribute as I shall perfect all things here for you in your name and what you need to do is to coordinate it well with the Bank as stand firmly in defending that you are late Dr. Douglas Warren’s cousin as I have presented you before them.


So you're saying that if I lie to the bank, everything will be OK?

All I require of you is your honesty, trustworthiness and sincere cooperation with me so
that when this fund is finally paid to you, you shall keep it with you pending my arrival to your country for my own share of the proceeds. This means that we shall discuss on the sharing modalities of the proceeds of this claim upon its final successful conclusion.


You want my honesty, but you want me to lie to the bank? We have not spoken about modalities. What would be my share for taking such a high risk?

Finally, I therefore, counsel you to be not afraid and go ahead with the Bank as I shall update you with all the necessary information regarding my late client and his account as you shall present before the FINANCE BANK. Please I count on your urgent response as I have
every confidence, hope and trust that you can handle this claim (money) with me and together we can make it a success.
Always feel free to contact me through my private phone number +234 806 371 3908.

Thanks and my best regards to you once again.

Barr. Frank West.


I still have grave doubts about this enterprise Barrister Frank and I don't feel that I can proceed as things stand. I am basically an honest person and this runs against the grain for me.

Regards,

Oliver.

Comments