I don't believe it!

It's finally happened; I've become a grumpy old man. This year I've felt myself losing my armour of positivity as one setback after another has put another dent in my metaphorical steel. I've become conscious of being a lead weight to friends, moaning about how bad my life is, rather than being inspirational and someone that people want to be around. The saddest thing is that I've realised that it's happening and I haven't done a great deal to stop the process. I suppose it's the desire to wallow in self-pity for a time, not something that I've ever condoned.

For all my whinging, whining and wine-ing, things are in reality, looking up. I've been able to draw a line under the financial 'gift' that my ex-business partner left me and my OU studies are going well (91 and 93 on the project course so far). There aren't any more trips to the hospital booked and Kate has bought us a holiday to St.Lucia for my birthday. All in all, I don't really have any reason to be a grumpy old git anymore, but there's still a part of me that wants to cling to the persona for a bit longer.

Just call me Victor - for now, anyway.

Comments

Womble said…
Great! Well done Oz. Now you can start ranting instead :o)
Spikey said…
Hi Victor :o)