New Motorised Bicycle

Hoorah! Today I put down a deposit on a new Triumph Sprint ST in blue with ABS and matching hard luggage.


I've loved the look of the new model since it came out last year, but today I got a chance to have a spin on one. It's got a fantastic engine with more torque than a sumo florist right across the rev range. Part of my test route covered the badly chewed up roads north of Keynsham - teeth rattlers on my SV. The Sprint dropped nicely into bends and held it's line fantasticlally well with a gentle application of throttle through the corner.


On the down side, the gearbox felt a little notchy and the speedo is a bit on the small side (honestly officer). Kate was comfy on the back, although I will probably need to invest in a non-slip seat covering for those more 'enthusiastic' moments.


I collect it in March with a new 06 plate. I can't wait.

Comments

Womble said…
Oooooh, new toy! Giz a go? Gwan, you know you want to. You will, you will, you will! Swap ya for a ZR-7 with a slightly cracked indicator?